When Laurence and Andrea embarked on their dream vacation, cruising the Mediterranean aboard the Costa Concordia, they never imagined the profound impact this trip would have on their lives. On January 13, 2012, Andrea and her husband had returned to the ship after an amazing day spent exploring Rome, and had just sat down to supper when a deafening scraping noise interrupted the evening’s merrymaking. In the darkness and the chaos that ensued, survival instincts kicked in and the duo worked together to navigate the unthinkable –their ship was sinking in frigid winter waters just off the eastern shore of the Island of Giglio, in the region of Tuscany. Survival was only the beginning… https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/survival-was-only-the-beginning/9780991979004-item.html
In this Episode
- Friday the 13th on the Costa Concordia (Intro).
- Misinformation and misrepresented trust (7:49).
- A curious aura (10:52).
- Survival mode (19:22).
- Reality Sets In (27:20).
- Understanding trauma (33:27).
- Six months later – a journey of healing (40:36).
- The significance of “Survivor” (50:56).
- Managing trauma, PTSD, and uncertain times (57:52).
- Sharing the magnificence of courage and strength (1:00:47).
- How do we approach forgiveness? (1:04:05).
- A final word on the gift of survival (1:10:27).
Connect with Us
Connect with Andrea
If you are interested in having Andrea speak at your event, or if you would like to inquire about her offer of conversational coaching, you can find her on LinkedIn or Facebook. Andrea’s book, “Survival Was Only the Beginning – A Costa Concordia Story” is available through Amazon and Chapters/Indigo.
Connect with Helen
We all experience trauma, or living with uncertainty at some point in our lives. If you would like to learn how Helen can help you navigate these moments and guide you through the healing process, email her at email@example.com or visit www.thegiftofbeingpresent.com and click on “Coaching Programs” to find out more.